Up teaches basic numeracy skills for measurement in the fractions,
decimals, reading scales and metric units. It is based on real-life
applications of measurement in activities such as shopping, sport
Measuring Up is suitable for learners at beginner to lower intermediate
levels of maths.
It highly recommended for remedial work with older students as it
is designed for secondary students, adult learners and English as
a Second Language students.
Measuring Up Features
- Teaches basic numeracy skills for measurement in the areas of
fractions, decimals, reading scales and metric units. See detailed
- Teaches using integrated modeling/demonstration and practice activities.
- Includes thirteen applied assessment tasks.
- Provides links from the applied assessment tasks to the teaching
and practice activities.
- Designed for adult numeracy, basic education, continuing education
to see an on-line demonstration of Measuring Up
see screen shots, please click
others say about Measuring Up
"Measuring Up is an excellent
program in all respects. As a computer program, it is accessible
and appealing, and as a numeracy program, it successfully
integrates the learning of skills and concepts with concrete
and real life situations." Tom Ciancone. Connect. Canada.
" The quality of the graphics
is excellent and promotes a high level of interest for students."
Bronwyn Bannan. ARIS Bulletin.
Measuring Up Includes:
- Understanding Decimal Numbers
- Rounding Off Decimals
- Adding and Subtracting Decimals
- Multiplying and Dividing Decimals
- The Basics
- Equivalent Fractions
- Matching Fractions and Decimals
- Calculating with Fractions
- Calculators and Fractions
- Understanding Metric Units
- Converting Metric Units
Version 3.x for Windows
2000, Me, 2003, XP, Vista, 7 Recommended hardware, processor and RAM
for your version of Windows® Microphone optional. Install program
only: 7MB hard disk space. Install program and copy CDROM to hard
disk (multi-user licences only):185 MB
Australian schools may purchase on 14 day account. FAX
all School Orders to (02) 9453 9266.
Alternatively, you may send an order
on-line, or download a school
order form. Thank you.
schools are required to prepaid by cheque, direct deposit or credit
Click here to see ordering
details. Thank you.
|| Prices $AUS
| Home / Student
| 1 WIN CD. Australian-English
||1 WIN CD. Australian-English Version
- - - - - - -
Includes 1 Network CD & licence agreement.
Prices on application - call English Software.
Extra CDs available only with site licences.